Sunday, September 28, 2008

pinot grigio, anyone?

California isn't the only state with a wine country. Turns out that Oregon, Washington, and most of the other states do as well, including my beloved Texas. The Husband and I were married five years ago in Grapevine, a tiny community in North Texas whose name says it all. I'm a wine fanatic, and I still get giddy at the thought that I can wine-taste so close to home. While Grapevine has less than 15 wineries, many of them offer fantastic selections, especially La Buena Vida Vineyards, my new favorite. Last weekend, I cruise-directed an afternoon outing with my family to this intimate wine hamlet. We made our way through three winery tasting rooms, filling our paletes with drys, sweets, and everything between. It's a great inexpensive outing, especially if your family and friends are on their way to oenophile status. Cheers!

No comments: