Friday, September 24, 2010

autumn in the northeast


Fall is officially here, and I am giddy and happy per usual this time of year. This fall is more exciting than normal because 1) Harper turns 1 next week, 2) I spent last weekend in New York (more on that soon), 3) Harper will get to experience her first State Fair EVER, 4) my brother is getting married next weekend, and 5) we are going back to New England next month. This time it will be the Berkshires in Massachusetts, upstate New York, southwestern Vermont, and perhaps a little northern Connecticut thrown in if we have time. It was a last-minute decision to take this trip, and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see the leaves, taste the cider and squash, and curl up by the fire in our condo.

I'm thinking of going to Whole Foods to purchase some Cinderella pumpkins just because. I tend to feel much better with a gourd on my porch.
*Photo above is Amherst, Mass.

No comments: