Saturday, October 9, 2010

NYC Discoveries: The High Line



During my recent trip to New York City, my friend Jen suggested we visit the High Line. I had heard about it long ago but did not know the details. Apparently, the good people of Manhattan decided to turn an abandoned set of 1930s-era, raised railroad tracks into a skinny, walkable park. Parts of it are still under construction, but we climbed up at West 20th Street and strolled down to 14th, where we climbed down and explored parts of the Meatpacking District. The weather was beautiful that day, and it was nice to see the the city and the Hudson River from up there. A concrete pathway meanders through natural plants and grasses on the High Line, a very modern design.

1 comment:

becki said...

I totally just went there a couple months ago when I was visiting a friend! I loved it! :)