Friday, November 13, 2009

autumn continues...


On Halloween, we took the wee one to the Dallas Arboretum to gaze at mums, frolic among fallen leaves, and have fun with pumpkins. I discovered that there is a tree on the arboretum grounds that has been there since before the constitution was signed. (I love learning interesting facts about my city.) It was an absolutely perfect day (I wore a sweater!), and Harper slept the entire time. Despite the fact that she didn't see much of the gorgeous colors, we did snap some pretty darn cute pictures.

I've decided that holidays, outings, seasons, and special occasions are so much more fun with a child. I can't even imagine what Christmas is going to be like. There's something incredible about the idea of sharing these moments with my daughter, teaching her about traditions and the world around her. I can hardly wait for the next adventure...

1 comment:

the cook et le chef said...

is there anything better than a baby amidst pumpkins?? she's gorgeous, heather...