Friday, April 18, 2008

an offer you can't refuse


I recently watched The Godfather and The Godfather II back to back. It had been a while since I had seen them, and I had almost forgotten how good these movies are. The are complicated and wonderfully rich, full of lessons and emotional turmoil. I remember seeing them for the first time when I was in my early twenties (too long to wait, I know), and I recall saying something about how young Al Pacino looked. I couldn't believe it was him. On my recent trip to NYC, Renee and I took a cheesy bus tour around the city. I remained calm as the tour guide showed us famous landmarks, from the Statue of Liberty to the United Nations, but when we passed by the hospital from The Godfather, the one where Michael saves his father from being murdered, I nearly jumped out of my seat. If it's been a while since you've seen this movie, do yourself a favor and watch it. It's a great Sunday afternoon activity.

No comments: