Tuesday, April 29, 2008

support your local farmers market

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so I thought reminiscing about our recent jaunt to the Dallas Farmers Market would make me feel better. Turns out that bright, happy photos of fruits and veggies does do the body good. (It was either that or the white tea.) We bought at least a dozen tomatoes, most of them green, from a local farmer, and I whipped up some fantastic fried green tomatoes that evening. Yum-my. And I love supporting the local vendors. I always ask where the fruits and veggies come from before purchasing. If they're from the area, then you are supporting a local farmer, not to mention helping the environment by saving on transportation costs. If the produce is from California, you might as well go to Whole Foods, Central Market or even Kroger.

No comments: