Wednesday, June 17, 2009

the pregnancy road trip

At first thought, going on a 10-day, cross-country road trip six and a half months preggo seemed mighty crazy. After all, hours sitting in the car with a smooshed bladder doesn't really sound appealing, does it? But The Husband and I squashed the notion that we would have a horrible time and opted instead for the optimistic attitude when we planned our trip across the Texas panhandle, into the Colorado Rockies, through the planes of Wyoming, and into the mountainous terrain of the Tetons and Yellowstone. After doing some research on pregnant road trips, I felt confident that I could weather the storm. As long as we stopped every hour or hour and half to stretch and take a potty break and not spend more than six hours a day traveling, my doctor assured me that everything would be fine. And the more research I did, the more I realized that couples are taking "babymoons" more often these days. After being back for three days, I can report that it was an uplifting and wonderful experience, one of the best trips we've ever taken as a couple. More to come soon! (I couldn't resist taking a photo of the pregnant woman on a horse scultpture in downtown Jackson, Wyoming.)

No comments: