Saturday, August 8, 2009

feathering my nest

Last weekend was baby shower time, and like everything, I was picky about the details. My wonderful sister (pictured below) was the marvelous hostess and helped me make my shower dreams a reality. We created an afternoon high-tea party for 40 guests in my living and dining rooms. Mini chicken salad sandwiches, mini cucumber sandwiches, mini muffins, scones, macaroons, fruit, sugar cookies, a giant two-tier buttercream cake, pineapple-strawberry punch, and (OF COURSE) hot and iced teas. We even had sugar lumps. Favors were loose-leaf tea bags wrapped in a cutesy fabric that announced "A Baby Is Brewing." It was all very dainty, ladylike, and fun. My mom and mother-in-law were endlessly helpful as well. I never could have pulled it off without everyone pitching in to make it so perfect. Needless to say, the nursery is now very full with baby items and clothing. Happiness.

No comments: