Wednesday, August 5, 2009

nursery revealed



The nursery is finally (mostly) finished, and I am so happy with the result. I chose a birdie theme, which begins with the wall colors by Martha Stewart. The accent wall is called Bird Nest while the other three are appropriately named Forest Lichen. While it took a lot of work and time, I'm really proud of my modern yet whimsical decor, most of which I found on sale or from cheap sources. (I'm not one to spend $500 on a sheet set, after all.) So I was patient and waited to find the perfect items. Both the crib and changing table were gifts, but they are from Wal-Mart's ModBaby line. The rug, lamp, side table, and frames are all Ikea. The retro 70s rocking chair was my mother's. In fact, she once rocked me in it! My grandfather built the beautiful bookshelf, which we painted and fastened tight to the wall. It almost looks built in, doesn't it? The bird prints were made by my sister, a graphic designer. I've found myself on occasion standing in the middle of this room and just staring at everything. Soon, there will be a baby living in there...

No comments: