Saturday, August 29, 2009

macca macca macca


I should have posted this a week ago, but time gets away from me these days. August 19 was the Paul McCartney concert at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, which, by the way, is a huge, flashy place of superlatives. If you know me well, then you know about my love for The Beatles. And if you know me really well, then you know that Paul is my favorite Beatle. I love his Lennon-McCartney work, his Wings work, his solo work, his Fireman work. You name it. That being said, if you know me really, really well, then you know I've already seen him twice before (The Husband has ventured to his concerts three times before). And let me just say that I've seen some smashing live acts in my day, including Radiohead while pressed against the stage baracade back in 1997. Paul always puts on a great show.

This time was a bit different, being eight months pregnant and all. But no worries, the swollen feet and four hours of sleep did not deter me from enjoying myself. We had floor seats near the back, which made it hard to see him, but we had the jumbo screens to help. My parents were with us, which was fun because, after all, they were around for the real McCartney mania and can appreciate the experience perhaps more than we can (although that might be tough).

We snapped the above photo with the Blackberry, so it's not high quality, but it's a momento nonetheless.

No comments: