Saturday, August 21, 2010

heartache? here? on this blog?


Before you have a baby, everyone tells you it will be the best thing that ever happens to you, which is true. You don't believe it until you experience it, but watching your baby become a little person is the most incredible feeling. However, there is one feeling that parents don't seem to mention: fear.

This past week I've struggled with a paralyzing fear that was initiated by this heartbreaking story. I did not know this family and never had the pleasure to meet their beautiful baby girl. But she reminds me of Harper in so many ways. I have never been so affected by the death of someone I had never met. I found myself crying daily, every time I would think about it. If you are feeling kind, consider making a donation to Children's Medical Center, here, in the name of Margot Miller.

No comments: