Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

My blog has a new look, and my life has undergone some ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (thank you, David Bowie). In the last month I have 1) quit my job, 2) started freelancing again full time, and 3) realized how much I've missed writing. Teaching a literature/writing class is a big commitment, and while I miss my students and the adventure that teaching can bring, I am excited to explore some things that I could not do with a full-time job. My daughter is growing by leaps and bounds, and I've realized (now that she's older) that one of the things I most look forward to as she grows is introducing her to the things that I love so much. I can't wait to take her to Europe. I can't wait t0 visit the library with her like my mom did for us every summer to check out books (WHY do library books smell so good??). I can't wait to read her The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, and all those fantastical books that made me long to begin my own personal adventures. I can't wait to shop for back-to-school supplies. I can't wait to take her to a museum and tell her how special every exhibit is. I can't wait to experience childhood all over again now that I'm an adult.

Well, that's all for now. More to come soon.

No comments: