Monday, January 14, 2008

Puppy Love


Meet Linus and Lucy, my newest little snugglebugs. This duo was in line for euthanasia just a few short days ago. Their days were numbered, but a wonderful organization called City Pet Rescue pulled them out before it was too late. I've been a foster for CPR for a couple of years now, a difficult but very fulfilling volunteer job. We rescue animals from shelters (or the streets depending on the situation) and find them new loving homes. These two buggers will be up for adoption in a couple of weeks. It's my job to potty train and get them accustomed to being household pets. We don't always have a foster in the house, but when we have one (or TWO, in this case), the Husband and I have our hands full. When we're not cleaning tiny piles of poo, we're talking in squeaky, high-pitched voices, coaxing and praising the little fluff balls. We sound quite silly, but I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: