Wednesday, May 28, 2008

san francisco discoveries, volume 1

Part of the fun of being in San Francisco (and being a foodie) is the multitude of farm-fresh, local, organic, and wonderous flavors that are so abundant in Northern California. I ate and drank and savored and tasted my way through as much of the city as possible, and although I've been there before, I've never tasted the same thing twice. On Saturday, we made our way to Pacific Heights, an area of the city that I'd heard good things about but never visited. If only I could live there! Fillmore Street was packed with boutique after boutique and cafe after cafe. My favorite discovery of the afternoon was Bittersweet: The Chocolate Cafe. This place is pure heaven, and why we don't have one like it in Dallas is disappointing. It's funny that, just the week before at work, a colleague of mine was telling me that if she won the lottery, she'd open a chocolate cafe. I'm beginning to see the genius in her plan. I was bombarded with so many chocolate drinks, but I decided, happily, on "The Classic," a sweet and creamy drink that made me feel like I was floating in a warm, chocolate bath. They also sell espresso, chocolate candy, and pastries.
Another shot of the cafe:

No comments: