Monday, May 5, 2008

life lists

I just read an article in body+soul magazine called, "How to Make a Life List," and it really inspired me. As I read it, I realized that I had done this before. Once upon a time, when I was a 21-year-old college student, I made my own life list. It's basically a list of things you want to accomplish in life before you die. It can really open your eyes to your true goals, especially if you write without hesitation. I remember that old list very well because most of the things on it (at least the ones I remember) have come true. Is it possible that if you write something down it will happen to you? To a certain extent, I think writing something down really cements it in your mind, which makes it more likely that you follow through with the dream. Even outlandish wishes can come true. I've accomplished an amazing amount of things in my 29 years, and I can't say that I have missed out on or really regret anything. Even the mistakes I have made have given me wonderful rewards in the end.

So, on that note, here is my new life list:

  • Finally learn how to crochet.
  • Take a photography class and invest in a quality camera.
  • Get a master's degree.
  • Write a book.
  • Buy or build a vacation home in the Hill Country.
  • Take horseback riding lessons and have a horse of my own.
  • Have children.
  • Save as many animals as possible from euthanasia.
  • Design and build the green home of my dreams.
  • Live to be 100.
  • Be just as in love with my husband in 50 years as I am today.
  • Conquer my anxiety and the fears that keep me from reaching for my dreams.

No comments: