Tuesday, June 24, 2008

branching out

It's been three weeks now since the magazine went bust, and I've been diligently searching for jobs. In my quest, I've discovered a new kind of career move, one that I hope I will get a chance to do. I won't expound it now, since I'd like to wait and see if it pans out. But it's something I've grown quite excited about over the last week. I don't plan to give up writing and editing. I'm hoping I can continue those kinds of projects on a freelance basis and then perhaps return to it full time later. For now, I'm eager to try something completely new, something where I can utilize my word skills yet still challenge myself with something new and exciting. I'll post more as it all develops.

(I'm using the image above simply as an illustration of my "branching out" title. It was taken at the Kimbell.)

No comments: